When you are browsing websites on the internet, many of these websites store tiny text files called cookies on your computer, to help track your use of the site and to personalise your journey around the website. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
We want to make sure you are fully aware of the cookies we use and what they do when you use our website.
(_vis_opt_XX) Our websites use onsite targeting services, provided by Visualwebsiteoptimizer.com from Wingify. Visual Website Optimizer sets cookies on our sites so that it can provide us with a creative optimisation solution, allowing us to make our websites more relevant to you. The cookies set by Visual Website Optimizer are persistent cookies with a permanent lifespan.
These are all the cookies currently used by our website and our approved suppliers.
Hopefully it is clear that all of our cookies are used ultimately to improve the journey for our customers online or to help us present a better website experience online.
If you feel you would like to change your personal interaction with cookies, you can adjust storage of cookies settings through your web browser.
Please be aware disabling cookies will severely limit your ability to shop on TheGoodDeal.co.uk and disable features of many websites across the internet.
Sharing our pages online
On TheGoodDeal.co.uk you are able to share certain pages with your friends and networks through 3rd party sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you choose to share via these networks, you may have cookies from these networks stored on your computer. These cookies are not something we control and are sent to you by the 3rd party site you share through - click the links above to learn about the network's policy on privacy and cookies.
We care about security and make every effort to ensure our transaction process is safe and that your personal information is secure.
We can assure you that every ad you place on our website is safe. We use strict security precautions to make our website safe, including the use of a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server. Any information you enter while you're using the secure server is encrypted before being transmitted, so it is virtually impossible for an outside party to access or intercept your information.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the bottom of your screen. Additionally, your web address should start with https: - the 's' indicating it is a secure page. This should appear on the page where you are purchasing options on TheGoodDeal.co.uk.
The latest versions of the most popular browsers, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox support this secure connection. If for any reason this option has been disabled on your browser, you will not be able to transact or login until you reset these options. Find this option in your browser settings under security.
How do you protect my credit card details and personal information?
We realize that using secure online shopping is important to you. Therefore, we use Thawte® Extended Validation SSL Certificate. It is used to keep your information secure while making online transactions with us.
Extended Validation SSL confirms TheGoodDeal.co.uk has been assessed and that we have instituted the highest standard in Internet security available to commercial industries. It also means that while visiting our site, a green-colored address bar will be visible. Once you click in this field, Thawte® will be displayed as the authority which issued the Extended Validation SSL Certificate.
Your payment methods are also covered through MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa.
For your additional security and to protect your personal information we request that you enter your password each time you wish to view a page containing your personal details.
Last updated: 21.01.2015
• Who we are
• What information we collect and how
• What we do with your information
• Your rights
• Other websites
Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc. We only collect information that we require for completion of orders and account set up. We never store payment details on the websites.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site.
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and your location (e.g. county/city) for our site analytics.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies within our group for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please opt in when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - 'Your rights' section below.
1) You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email . Type 'No Marketing' in the subject line and then the following in the main text:
• your full name
• your postal address, including postcode
• your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
(3) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a check for £10 payable to Padawan Ltd to cover our administration costs: